Illinois Action for Children's Early Learning Programs partner-based workforce enhancement program delivers evidence-backed, high-quality early learning experiences for children ages birth through 5 and models a broad spectrum of research-based, best practices in early childhood care and education for your staff.
Illinois Action for Children receives state funding from the Illinois State Board of Education and federal funding from the Office of Head Start to employ several highly credentialed early childhood educators. Through a contractual agreement, IAFC deploys the teachers and other essential staff to work in select child care and early learning partner centers throughout southern and western Cook County.
In addition to having exceptional teachers and coaches augment your team, all IAFCs partner centers are enhanced with:
- Research-based curriculum
- IAFCs teachers bring Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold to their classrooms in your center, inclusive of developmental screening tools, assessments, and numerous referral sources.
- Wage supplementation
- To make it possible for all your staff who are paraprofessionals to earn $15/hr., IAFCs partners may be eligible to receive $1,000 or more to supplement paraprofessional’s wages.
- Program-enhancing materials
- Funding is available annually for participating partner programs to purchase materials and special requests and emergency needs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Engagement-enhancing experiences
- IAFCs teachers infuse their classroom with opportunities for enrichment including field trips and hands-on explorations.
- Family engagement and support
- IAFC provides the individual families who are enrolled in one of our program classrooms with support for education, health, goal planning, mental health referrals, and educational advocacy.